SUMMARY: The primary responsibility of the Customer Service Representative is to solicit and book freight to a particular region or area meeting daily and weekly capacity targets through a selected freight process that generates a mix of freight that maximizes overall yield (profitability) values. This is an exempt role with a work schedule of Monday – Friday days, rotating Saturdays and 1 holiday per year.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Monitor In-bound Capacity and matching loads to trucks accordingly
- Manage load volumes (weekly goals) and yield measurements for the region/area in accordance with Management’s expectations
- Manage customer weekly commitments and overflow opportunities to optimize asset-based freight network and brokerage business
- Assure that all loads have proper information including rating, load/unload, bill to, pick-up and delivery times, P.O’s, customer information and accessorial data
- Maintain call lists (Non-EDI committed customers phone number, customer name, email address, etc.) and turn-down lists to work brokerage opportunities
- Assure that every Out-bound load has a firm delivery schedule
- Maintain customer websites, EDI compliance and timely closure of orders through customer sites
- Communicate to shippers, customers and Sales Management any service failures
- Manage book of turn-down freight for brokerage opportunities and coordination with Sales Management to mitigate any customer-facing issues
- Manage lay-over-ratio for region/area based on Management’s Expectations
- Other duties as assigned
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES: Freight volumes booked (measured by number of loads per day/week), existing customer growth goals with quality mix (customer commitments, higher-rated etc.), revenue per mile (gross) and layover ratio.
CORE COMPETENCIES: Customer and Personal Service, Active Listening, Service Orientation, Coordination, Time Management and Monitoring.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or GED. At least 5 years industry and/or previous logistics experience preferred.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to make sound judgments based on fact patterns and can communicate decisions effectively. Analyze factors regarding lane flows, pricing, driver needs and utilization and make decisions that will positively affect these factors.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Must be computer literate with the ability and desire to learn and operate company specific software. Basic operational knowledge of Microsoft Office products required.